Problems with the display of images when you import a Campaign from a HTML
If you are encoding your Email Campaign in .html and have problems viewing pictures, this post will serve to work correctly with the codes.
When you start sending a new Campaign and then fill in the fields of basic information, you should opt for the content that will form your Email. You can import your file, create from editor or select a Template.
If you choose the first option, Doppler will prompted you to import your .html or .zip file. With the upgrade of our tool you can search and attach it, or drag it from your folder to the right place.
Importing files from Doppler enables two options. A required file, whose .html extension should contain the encoding of the contents of your Campaign; or an optional extension .zip file which must contain all the images associated with the Campaign.
This file is called optional because if the Campaign does not have pictures or the pictures are hosted on a public URL it is not necessary to import them to Doppler. If you have questions about how to create a zip file with the images you can see this post.
From Doppler, we bring you the following recommendations for you to consider:
– Files to be imported should follow the recommended practices to send Email Marketing Campaigns. If you have doubts, you can download our complete HTML guide (Spanish) and learn how to layout your Campaign easily and so improve your results.
– References to the images in the HTML should be at the same level, NOT in a folder “images” for example.
Supposition of a valid image reference: <”image.jpg”>
Invalid Example image: <"images/image.jpg”>
– The .zip file should contain only images, the formats accepted are: .jpg, .gif and .png.
If the images are hosted on a public URL reference should be made absolutely the same.
Example of valid and absolute reference: “http://www.yourdomain.com/images/image.jpg”
Example of invalid reference: ”yourdomain.com/images/image.jpg”
– It´s important to optimize the weight of the images used and that they do not have a weight greater than 100kb. For Doppler, the zip of the images may not weigh more than 1mb.
– The Width of the images should not exceed 600 px.
– You must use Tables to build the .html because these tables are accepted by all Email clients.
– Do not use Flash in .html because it is NOT accepted by all Email clients.
Put these tips and visualize correctly your pictures in a .html piece!