Why you should include your physical postal address in the footer of your Campaign
To carry out a good Email Marketing strategy you must ensure that your Campaign does not activate Spam filters. Pay attention to these Doppler tips!
Proceeding in line with the ANTI-SPAM Act will help you ensure your Campaign is well received and does not reach the wrong boxes.
In fact, there is a long list of brands and companies that have been penalized because of small mistakes that ends up being really expensive, regarding credibility, authentication, reputation and inbox reaching.
That is why Doppler shares, firstly, 4 fundamental points of the Anti-Spam Policy:
– Including the physical address in the footer of the Email Campaign.
– Preventing the wrong use, tendentious or misuse of the word “Free” in the Subject. Do not use it if it’s not a promise you will be able to keep.
– Unsubscribing every Subscriber that asks to be removed from a List.
– Making sure the Subject line is connected to the Email content.
Doppler requires the inclusion of the physical address at the bottom of every Email, together with the Removal Link to comply with the CAN-SPAM Act, in force since December 2003. This way, Subscribers are able to cancel their subscription by mail if they wished so.
By compulsorily adding the address, our tool meets the requirement of transparency and credibility for all brands.
The CAN-SPAM Act is strict about requiring the physical address of the company, brand or institution so that it can be located both personal and by mail. So you must include your name in the Sender field and use an Email Adress that makes it clear to your Subscribers which is the origin of the Email.
If you want to check that your Emails comply with the CAN-SPAM Act, Doppler gives you a summary of the main requirements:
1. Do not use false or misleading heading information: Include in the “From”, “Subject” and “Reply to” fields precise information identifying the person or company that send the Campaign.
2. Do not use tendentious Subjects: The Subject line must accurately reflect the content of the message.
3. Identify the message as an advertisement. The law gives you a lot of freedom in how to do this, but it should be informed and clearly emphasized that the message is an advertisement.
4. Tell your location to the Subscribers: Emails must include the physical postal address. This can be your current street address, a post office box you’ve registered or a private mailbox you’ve registered with a commercial mail receiving agency established under Postal Service regulations.
5. Inform recipients how to stop receiving your Emails: Each Campaign should include a clear and conspicuous explanation of how the recipient can opt out of receiving your Emails. By the way, remember that Doppler lets you customize your Removal Link and Confirmation Page!
6. Strictly control what others are doing on behalf of your company: Even if another company, Client Manager or consultant is hired to manage your Email Marketing Campaigns, you can’t contract away your legal responsibility to comply with the law. Both, the company whose product is promoted, as well as the agency that coordinates the strategies, can be considered legally responsible.
Avoid your Email being considered spam, by following these simple tips!
Doppler informs you that the personal data that you provide to us when completing this form will be treated by Doppler LLC as responsible for this web.
Purpose: To allow you to make comments in our help center.
Legitimation: Consent of the applicant.
Recipients: Your data will be saved by Doppler and Digital Ocean as hosting company.
como puedo eliminar mi direccion y datos personales del pie de pagina de la campana? se agrego solo
Hola Carolina, esa información es de carácter obligatorio para todos los remitentes de Campañas. Lo que puedas hacer es editarla desde el Panel de Control, en la sección “Información de Contacto”. Si tienes otras dudas, contesta este comentario o escríbenos a [email protected] y te ayudaremos 🙂 Saludos, Noelia de Doppler